Seas and oceans
There are 7 oceans in All-That-Is, and 4 seas.
Merma, God of the Ocean and Tangaroa, God of the Sea, have a long-standing rivalry. Both are constantly petitioning for the oceans to be renamed seas, or vice versa. Tangaroans tend to do this by shouting on the street, most noteably at the entrance and exit to towns, while Mermans go door-to-door.
The boundaries of the oceans and seas are fervently defended in towns and cities, while those who actually sail don't really pay attention to where the exact lines are.
- Dawson's Ocean (sometimes merely called "Dawson Ocean") is the thin strip of ocean between Trolland (the part which encompasses Land of Ogres and The Big Desert) and Nirenda. It connects to The Titanic Ocean to the west, and the Teagull Sea to the east.
- 'The Demographic Ocean is bordered by Nirenda to the north, Ellay to the west, Nevah-Nevah to the south (ending at the northern tip of Earlgate, and The Heartland to the east. It connects to The Titanic Ocean at the north of Ellay, the Teagull Sea between Nirenda and The Heartland, and the Hisaw Sea to the south.
- Pi'jum Ocean is the ocean which surrounds Thebaz Isle, going to the east until Nevah-Nevah, and north until Nomad's Land. It adjoins the Hisaw Sea to the east, and The Zane Ocean to the north (in the gap between The Edge and Nomad's Land.)
- The Titanic Ocean is the ocean above Navig and Mount Zeddy, it connects with The Burg Sea at the border between kronktoN and The Big Desert above Trolland, and connects to Dawson Ocean at the same border below the island of Trolls. On the west-hand side of Navig, it connects with The Zane Ocean at Ellay's peak, and with The Demographic Ocean on the right. The Titanic Ocean's right-hand border is marked by Nirenda.
- Urwif Ocean is the ocean below Calobia, surrounding Damuck. It ends before it reaches Nevah-Nevah on the west, adjoining Hisaw Sea. It also briefly touches Yujum Ocean to the north, in the gap between Calobia and The Edge.
- Yujum Ocean is between The Heartland and Calobia. It completely surrounds Ile, and connects to Teagull Sea to the north, The Demographic Ocean and Hisaw Sea to the west, and Urwif Ocean to the south.
- The Zane Ocean is the ocean surrounding Mount Zeddy. The northern border of this ocean is The Titanic Ocean, the southern border is Pi'jum Ocean, the eastern border is the west coast of Navig, and the western border is The Edge.
- The Burg Sea runs above all of Trolland, connecting with The Titanic Ocean at the border between The Big Desert and kronktoN, and connecting with The Teagull Sea just above The Narcarbia Islands.
- Hisaw Sea is the ocean around and between the islands of Nevah-Nevah. It also covers part of the east coast of Navig, specifically Nomad's Land. It connects to Pi'jum Ocean to the west, The Demographic Ocean to the north, and Yujum Ocean, Urwif Ocean and The Rose Sea to the east.
- The Rose Sea is the smallest of any of the oceans or seas, and is located between the two northern horns of Damuck. It adjoins Hisaw Sea.
- Teagull Sea surrounds The Narcarbia Islands, home of the Dwarves, and is thus the most pirate-infested waters in the world. It covers most of the eastern coast of The Land of Ogres, and the northern coast of The Heartland, connecting to The Burg Sea and Dawson's Ocean to the east, and Yujum Ocean and The Demographic Ocean to the south.
- The Ocean in the Ash Tree is not really an ocean, though it is frequently referred to as such.
- The region covering the northern half of the Hisaw Sea and the Rose Sea is sometimes referred to as "The Ocean of Calm" or "The Sea of Calm" due to its lack of currents, but neither Merma or Tangaroa have officially acknowledged it as either.